Friday, March 19, 2010

Road Rambling with Mississippi Fred

A short slideshow from today's ramblings. A couple of years ago I mentioned "Mississippi Fred McDowell" in another piece entitled Runnin' The Roads. In that piece I mention that Fred is kind of special to me, seeing how we both at one time in our lives lived and farmed in Rossville, Tennessee - and in the end, it appears as if we both will share the same territory as well. Today I decided it was time to pay my respects to Mississippi Fred...and I thought it was only right to share it with you.

From Wikipedia: "The memorial stone was a replacement for an inaccurate and damaged marker (McDowell's name was misspelled) and the original stone was subsequently donated by McDowell's family to the Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale, Mississippi."



To view larger photos and the captions and GPS coordinates, just click on the slideshow or click here.

1Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice posting, keep on blogging i really like,... waiting for update pal...

Tuesday, 27 April, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.